Monday, July 16, 2012

Robin Hood

The Psalms aren't my favorite book in the Bible, because I'm not great with poetry and imagery, but Psalm 64 painted a vivid Robin Hood type image for me.

David is asking God to hide him from his enemies who are coming at him with figurative swords and arrows. I can picture David running from these guys and calling out to God. Then God steps up and David hides behind Him as He takes down the bad guys with His arrow.

Everyone who sees this fears the Lord and spreads the word about what happened. But the righteous rejoice because they see that they can call on God and take refuge in Him.

This works for us today too. We should pray for help & guidance in situations where we're facing enemies - whatever those my be - and be confident that God is looking out for us and will help us through those situations.

I think the key is knowing who to run to when you're being chased.

No comments:

Post a Comment