Friday, August 10, 2012

Making Choices

James 4:8a is a favorite verse. "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." Unfortunately my relationship with God isn't always what it needs to be. This verse is a reminder that if there's an issue with our relationship, it's my job to turn to Him. That's all I have to do, because He is always there.

In v7 we see how we can apply this idea. When the devil is tempting us or trying to bring us down, we first need to recognize what is happening. This may sound strange, but I think saying that the devil is causing you a problem is a great way to call out the fact that you have a choice to either give in to the devil or resist him and turn to God. If we choose God, it says that the devil will flee from you.

Thinking of it this way helps me to make better choices. You should give it a try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment