Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Philemon

The book of Philemon proves that even though you are forgiven of your sins when you are baptized that doesn't mean that you can avoid consequenes of your previous actions.  You can't be a fugitive from the law, suddenly become a christian, and then say that it is cool for me to keep running because I am now forgiven.  You can't be in an unscriptural marriage, become a christian, and then say that everything you did prior in your life doesn't matter in the sense that you can stay in the unscriptural marriage.

Becoming a christian means that you have to ask for forgiveness of people you have offended in the past and honestly suffer whatever consequences those actions brought.  It does not provide a license to simply say that was before I was a christian, so I don't need to apoligize, be honest, or make things right as best I can.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping to get back into posting, thanks for taking the opportunity to comment Troy! Verse 7 is one of my favorite verses from Philemon. It is my hope that my friends would someday be able to say the same about me.

    Philemon 1:7 For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you.

    ReplyDelete