Monday, April 9, 2012

Think on these things...


I know this is from a few weeks ago, but I was without internet access & unable to post.



We can get so caught up in our thoughts & emotions, allowing them to take us down a non productive path & distract us from the work we should be doing. This creates an opportunity for the devil to fill our minds with lies & create confusion. For many years my aunt has started her day by quoting this verse & has always encouraged me to do the same. Back in January I finally decided to give it a try & focus on the words true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, & commendable. I began to look for the things in my life that represented these words & meditate upon God's goodness. Once I took the time to think on these things, I discovered that I didn't want to spoil these thoughts with earthly trash. I still have a long way to go, but this verse is a great reminder for us to focus our minds on what is good & pure.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

The following verse encourages us to practice these things, meaning they don't just happen & that you can improve! It is our responsibility to figure out what to practice; to go back through the scriptures to find what they learned, received, heard, & saw.

Philippians 4:9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment