Friday, January 7, 2011

Read a good biography?

Since we have been blessed with Todd's job it has been so tempting to rejoice by boasting. It made me think about the autobiography genre; many people enjoy sharing in someone else's triumphs and failures by reading about them. What does it say about the person who writes one? Often famous people or people we would consider important, how do we decide who that is? The Bible is God's biography. The only opportunity He took in writing to share His miracles and His plan. God destroyed the earth and provided for its rebirth through one family in just over a year! Certainly something to boast about! What strikes me is that He choose over the span of eternity to produce only one book. John talks about the many miracles not recorded for us. We can really learn something from God about self-importance! My faith increases by reading about the miracles that God has worked and reflecting on the blessings He has given me.
Wisely, God has other ways to share His biography - through us, through ME. I am inspired to think and pray much more about how people are reading my life. Am I the living biography I should/could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment