Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Our Proud Confidence"

In defending his character and behavior, Paul says in v. 12, For our proud confidence is this: the testimony of our conscience, that in holiness and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you.

Though I have failed and will fail at it, I hope one day I can look back and say that my only reason to be proud is that I know I acted (or tried to act) properly toward everyone. I hope that, like Paul, I can look back and say I tried my best to act in holiness and godly sincerity toward those in the world and especially to my brethren. Paul made sure his character and behavior were such that he would lead no one into worldly ways, but would only advance the cause of the Gospel.

It's hard to do, but I hope we can all follow his example.

No comments:

Post a Comment